1. Pet safety is first at HPG. We require a current copy of your pet’s vaccination records. You may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or print them out and bring them to your appointment.
2. If it is necessary for the safety of the pet and the groomer/stylist: muzzles, elastic collars, slings, straps etc. will be humanely used.
3. You are aware that if your pet does not respond to the groomer/stylist and remain still during the grooming procedure, that accidents can happen (such as nicks from clippers, scissors or toenail trimmers.)
4. For the pet to properly respond to the groom, it is essential that the pet be alone with the groomer/stylist; clients will not assist in grooming unless requested to do so.
5. The customer assumes all liabilities, financial and otherwise, for the behavior and health of their pet. *
6. The customer will advise HPG of allergies, sensitivities, or any pre-existing medical conditions so that we may avoid aggravating them.
Please let us know of any prior grooming history you may not have found satisfactory for your pet; we want to avoid repetition of poor or unpleasant experiences.
7. HPG understands that some dogs are extremely sensitive to certain grooming procedures such as nail trimming and/or ear cleaning. It is not our intent to cause discomfort, however, these are routine procedures normally performed for the wellbeing of the pet; we will not continue any grooming procedure that causes pain/discomfort to the pet or harm to groomer/stylist. Sometimes, for a more sensitive dog, these services are best left to a veterinarian.
8. HPG /the groomer will be held harmless from damages, loss or claims arising from any known or unknown pre-existing condition of the pet.
9. The Client authorizes groomer/stylist to act as his/her agent in the event that emergency veterinarian services, boarding, care-taking, and/or transportation is necessary and agrees to pay all costs. Any/all damages or claims shall include, but not be limited to advanced age, extreme nervousness, neurosis, illness, previous injury, skin or coat conditions or other medical conditions.
10. If fleas are found on your pet, HPG will administer a flea bath to eradicate fleas in order to maintain salon sanitation. This is at HPG’s discretion and at client’s expense. The shampoo is gentle, non-alkaline and hypoallergenic.
11. Allowing a pet’s coat to get matted is not only uncomfortable but dangerous for pet health. The groomer/stylist will de-mat the pet (if possible) at $10.00 per 15 minutes (Up to 1 hour) in addition to regular grooming fees, after an hour of de-matting, the groomer will cease the groom. The pet can receive a “shave-down” to remove the mats instead of de-matting. Charges for a shave-down, or for shaving matted ears and/or tail are determined on a per pet basis. If the client requests that mats be combed out, the groomer/stylist will not do so if it causes the pet undue stress or pain. Excessive de-matting is painful, time-consuming and costly and causes extreme discomfort which can aggravate or cause skin problems. The client is aware that neglect of his/her pet’s coat can be cause for problems after grooming such as clipper/brush irritation.
12. Shave-downs or cuts that are outside the normal specific breed haircuts will be discussed and the groomer will perform the cuts to the best of his/her understanding of client’s directions, and groomer’s ability—no other guarantee is made.
13. Shaving of your pet may dramatically change his/her appearance as hair will be very close to the skin. This may expose pre-existing skin conditions.
14. Our groomers/stylists are trained professionals. We reserve the right to alter or cease any groom in the event that our staff determines it is in your pet’s best interest, or if your pet displays aggressive behavior. The client understands that HPG has the right to refuse service to the client’s pet(s) at any time for any reason.
15. Some pets will become uncomfortable and/or scared during grooming and may attempt to bite our groomer/stylist. In that event, we will notify you, and either add a special $25 handling fee to your bill or we will cease the groom. Please let us know beforehand if you know your pet has exhibited such behavior. *
16. We will use extra care and patience for older pet(s); however, we will not be responsible for clipping or brushing if it is determined to cause too much stress, we will modify or terminate the haircut. Please be sure to notify us of any health conditions that might make your pet(s) uncomfortable during bathing, drying or clipping process. Any grooming done to an elderly pet is done at the client’s risk.
17. Any pet left after closing will incur additional charges, $25 for up to 1 hour after closing. If the pet is still not picked up by 1 hour after closing, HPG will board the pet overnight and the client will incur another $50 charge. If your pet is left more than an hour after closing more than once, we will not continue to service your pet in the future.
*Please pay special attention to these terms.